Activate is part 2 of the 3 part Perma Salt Chemical System. It is a combination of DiChlor and Oxone. These two products are the most popular shock treatments available on the market. Activate is the only shock that actually blends these two products for their maximum effectiveness. DiChlor is a very strong, fast acting, but short lived bacteria-stat. By only adding it every 2 weeks, all of the side effects of chlorine use are eliminated. The oxone is an extremely powerful oxidizing agent that strips away chloramines and other contaminants killed by the DiChlor. This blend of DiChlor and Oxone is so effective and powerful, it is only necessary every 2 weeks.
The Perma Salt System
- Is not a Salt Generator
- Does Not Convert Salt into Chlorine
- Is a Natural Synergy Approach to Water Purity
- Simplifies Pool Ownership and Maintenance
- Only Requires Adding Chemicals Every 2 Weeks
- Soft on Skin, Hair, Eyes and Swimsuits
- Has .002ppm less salt than a tear
- More Cost Effective than any other non-chlorine system - Guaranteed
- Part of the Family Leisure "Algae Free Guarantee Program"
The Perma Salt System uses a natural synergy for a holistic approach to water maintenance. First, the System Chamber disperses natural minerals into the water, such as copper and silver, which serve as natural algaecides. By simply adjusting the dial, these natural mineral levels can be adjusted and maintained to their ideal levels. In addition, these natural minerals are complemented by a family of ancillary products.
The total dissolved solids (TDS) of the water must be at a minimum of 1000 ppm in order for the copper to reach optimal levels. This is done by adding the 25# bucket of Preparate and 1 bag of Activate. If your TDS levels do not reach 1000ppm contact your Local Family Leisure for options on raising your TDS.
Test for copper levels. Your copper level should be maintained between .3 and .5 ppm. Adjust the output levels by turning the control knob up or down. It may take a few days for your copper levels to reach the desired levels.
Every 2 Weeks
- Add 1 bottle of Klairate & 1 Bag of Activate (2 Bags for Pools 30' and Larger)
- Regulate copper levels by adjusting dial on the Perma Salt System
- Test and adjust Ph and Alkalinity as needed
Optimal levels for properly balanced Perma Salt water
- pH 7.2 - 7.8
- Total Alkalinity 80-140ppm
- Calcium Hardness 200-350ppm
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) 1000ppm minimum
Shipping 8 x 1lb.
Start-Up Details Below
Maintenance 1lb / 2 weeks
Wait to Swim No
Shelf Life No
Use Swimming Pools
Application In Skimmer or Broadcast
FedEx / ups Yes
Online Item Yes
In Store Item Yes
For online orders over $40 (before tax), shipping and handling is FREE. Orders that are under $40 will have a $5.99 shipping fee added. Most pool supplies ship via Fed Ex and delivery times within the Continental U.S range from 2-5 days. All orders received before noon will ship that SAME DAY.
Shipping Details & Conditions.