Maintaining Your Hot Tub In Five Easy Steps - Show your hot tub how much you love it by keeping it in tip-top shape. Just like changing the oil in your car, performing regular and routine maintenance on your spa will keep it performing beautifully.
1. Sanitize - Check your water at least once a week to make sure the sanitizer levels and pH and Alkalinity are within the acceptable limits. This is easy with a simple test strip. Keeping your water correctly sanitized will prevent any undesirable contaminants from taking hold.
2. Clean - At least once a month, remove the filters from your spa and spray them with a high-pressure nozzle, working from the top to the bottom. Spraying on Instant Cartridge Cleaner helps to get that deep down stuff too.
3. Check - Once a week, check your skimmer basket to see if you need to remove leaves or other debris so you can guarantee proper filter flow.
4. Protect - Extend the life and usefulness of your hot tub cover by applying a vinyl protector to it periodically. This will prevent cracking and other damage from UV rays, dirt and staining.
5. Drain - Three or four times a year, drain your spa and fill it with fresh water. Even the best maintained hot tub needs new water on occasion. Added prevention - attach a pre-filter to the end of your hose while filling your tub to eliminate dirt, magnesium, iron and calcium.
Spa Hack - tennis balls placed into the skimmer or directly into the water will absorb bodily oils and lotions before they get into the filtration system.
No posts found